If you or your loved ones are going through the initial recovery stage, where staying sober becomes difficult, this is the right article for you. Being positive is very important in every aspect of your life, the same thing applies to this addiction recovery process. If you want to get to your goals then you need to understand the importance of believing in positivity.
Firstly, you need to understand that being overwhelmed with the thought of how far you have to go in this recovery path is normal for every human being, but the most important thing is to remain committed to this life long. It might not be easier in the beginning, but later you will be thankful for everything that you did or whoever helped you in this journey.
Starting this recovery step by yourself is a big thing. If not, you must be aware of rehab centers that help people with such problems. The concise Recovery center is the premier addiction recovery center Los Angeles. They provide detoxification and addiction treatment services in such a way that the person can feel relaxed and less stressed throughout his recovery process.
How Are You Going to Stay Positive in This Process?
To stay positive, here are some tips for your betterment
- Understand the reason for this addiction: It is very common for people who have gone through some trauma or difficult times in their lives to turn to substance abuse. Especially women who have gone through some physical or mental abuse mostly take help of substances to get some relief. This is basically to cope with some mental health struggles like depression, stress, or anxiety. So, whatever might be the reason, you have to face it before you go on the recovery path.
- Know what triggers you: It normally happens that when you are in the recovery process, you might get attracted to situations where you want to make use of these substances. In such cases, you will have to identify and avoid the triggers that are making you use them. This will make you find a solution to avoid it or handle it effectively.
- Make a toolkit to cope with your triggers: Now that you have understood your triggers, you need to prepare some mechanisms to cope with these triggers. The most common ones which people use are:
- Exercise or yoga
- Talking to a good and sober friend
- Getting out for a walk
- Fulfilling your hobbies
- Taking some time to relax and sleep
- Attending some support group programs
- Recognize the relapse signs: Relapsing can happen mentally or emotionally, even before you start using the substances physically. Thus, understanding your signs will help you to stop yourself from relapsing. This includes:
- Changes in your behavior
- Thinking about your old substance days
- Thinking Substances is the only way to get rid of your pain
- Make a schedule and follow it: This is there in every recovery center where you will have a structured schedule and you need to follow it. This will keep you busy and away from all unwanted triggers.
It is very important that keep your mind focused on the goals. More importantly, be with people who are sober and push you towards positive path.