Integrative medicine combines an evidence-based approach with conventional medicine to improve someone’s health. Many people request integrative medicine as an essential treatment plan to recover quickly from diseases.
Integrative medicine treatment addresses various conditions, including social, physical, emotional, environmental influences, and spiritual aspects.
An expert in integrative medicine Katy works closely with patients to improve their overall health with integrative medicine. Continue reading to learn more about integrative medicine and how it helps achieve overall health.
What is integrative medicine?
Integrative medicine follows a sophisticated approach to determine the underlying cause of disease and mental condition. Healthcare experts address different aspects, including physical and emotional, to achieve complete well-being physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
Healthcare providers foster a close relationship with patients actively participating in healing. Integrative medicine practitioners aim to provide well-coordinated care by including multiple specialists.
The process focuses on conventional healthcare methods and complementary therapies for optimal health.
What type of healthcare providers offer integrative medicine?
The following healthcare practitioners can offer integrated medicine treatment.
- Chiropractic doctors
- Holistic psychotherapists
- Chinese herbal therapist
- Massage therapist
- Yoga practitioners
- Tai chi practitioner
Who gets benefits from integrative medicine?
People with complex health conditions and chronic diseases can benefit from integrative medicine. Some medical conditions where integrative medicine helps the individual find relief include:
- Acute and chronic diseases
- Autoimmune diseases
- Chronic fatigue
- Headache and migraines
- Digestive disorders
- Cancer-associated side effects
- Breathing disorder
- Sleeping issues
- Mental and emotional distress issues
- High blood pressure
- Menopausal symptoms
- Menstrual problems
How can integrative medicine help patients?
Integrative medicine specialists work with other healthcare experts to help patients. They utilize a broad range of techniques, practices, and services, including:
- Acupuncture: It helps to relieve migraines, fibromyalgia, joint pain, hot flashes, anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
- Nutritional Approaches: The complementary therapy includes vitamins, herbs, probiotics, mineral supplements, and more.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Chiropractors use adjustment and manipulation techniques to align joints and the spine. Therapy helps relieve pelvic pain, back and neck pain, ankle pain, and other musculoskeletal problems.
- Massage Therapy: This therapy manipulates soft tissues and body alignment to promote physical well-being. It is beneficial in muscle tightness and postoperative pain management.